In collaboration with the Norwegian distributor Østerbø, net cleaning supplier Yanmar has been lauded by its customer Yatek. Newly established Norwegian company Yatek, which specializes in cleaning the nets used for fish farming in the majestic surroundings of the Sognefjord, invested in their first Yanmar Net Cleaner in 2015. By the summer of 2016, it had worked approximately 500 hours.
With Yanmar’s submergible cleaner for fish farming nets, only one person is needed to clean the net and they don’t even have to get into the water. Yatek’s General manager, Øyvind Høie, who has many years’ experience working in the fish farming industry, knew exactly what he wanted his net cleaner to achieve.
He comments, ‘’Reliability was very important for us. This product needs little maintenance and the distributor in Norway -Østerbø Maskin ASresponds quickly in case service is required.” He continued to say “The Yanmar Net Cleaner’s best quality is that it withstands currents well so we can fulfill our job even in bad conditions. It also cleans very gently and doesn’t remove the impregnation on the nets. This keeps our customers happy.” ‘’Compared to other solutions on the market we find the Østerbø Yanmars Net Cleaner to have a very good cleaning result, and due to low pressure it is not compromising with the gentleness’’, Høie concluded.
USP’s Yanmar NXL-LX Net Cleaner
- Low on maintenance
- By having crawlers on each side of the robot and 2 wheels on the front and 2 in the back, it has a lot of grip on the net.
- Easy to maneuver due to having 2 joysticks, 1 for the left and 1 for the rights crawlers.
- The Yanmar is equipped with 3 propellers generating thrust and pushing the robot to the net, this makes it nearly impossible for the robot to tip over, which is a common problem of net cleaners using thrusters.
- Wide angle camera view on the front and the back, from crawler to crawler.
- The Yanmar’s low cleaning pressure (when compared to competitors) prevents damage on the net, and blowing of the anti-fouling. The high flow ensures a clean net in 1 run.
- Having a low cleaning pressure (when compared to competitors) results in a low fuel consumption of the pump set.
- The Net Cleaner is electronically powered, when compared to hydraulically powered net cleaners; this gives a more direct control.